Top 10 Reasons to Use Toddler Pillows (including one for mom)...
In my previous post, I discussed how to choose a toddler pillow and when to start using one. I hear lots of input from parents so here are some of the best uses that I've heard for our toddler pillows:
- Use with kids (2+ years old) prone to ear infections or sinus troubles, or during cold/flu season
Pediatricians sometimes recommend a toddler pillow for a little extra elevation of the head during sleep to help promote drainage (please check with your pediatrician first!).
- Send a toddler pillow to child's daycare/preschool for naptime
Your child will feel special and have a comfort object from home. Also, the fabrics are unique so the pillow won't get lost.
- Use as a special pillow for overnight stays at Grandma's house;
Purchase a special extra pillowcase just for use at Grandma’s house – your child will see it as a special treat and have fond memories. We heard from one customer whose children visit their grandparents on their farm so she purchased our farm-theme pillowcases for her children to use at the farm house.
- Use as a travel pillow for toddlers (or adults!)
Our travel sized toddler pillows are a must for long rides in the car seat or airplane trips. Don't use those flimsy and dirty/germy airplane pillows - bring your own. Also great to use once you get to your destination. I don't know about you, but they never seem to have enough extra pillows in the hotel rooms.
- Use with our satin pillowcases to reduce tangled hair
Using a satin pillowcase helps the hair glide easily over the fabric thus reducing tangles during sleep;
- Great gift idea for big brother or big sister
Paired with a sweet goodnight book, stuffed animal or decorative nightlight. Or create a "theme" gift and give a toddler pillow with a pillowcase to match the theme, for example Pirates or Frogs.
- Give as a baby gift along with a matching receiving blanket or burp cloth set
Before baby is old enough to have a baby pillow while sleeping, a toddler pillow is great for extra support when nursing or bottle feeding. Also great for padding when baby is learning to sit up.
- Perfect size to use as a toddler bed pillow
Helps to make the transition to the toddler bed easier and more fun!
- Help soothe child at night
We’ve even heard from parents that they used our toddler pillows to help convince their toddler that he/she is now a big boy/girl and to give up their binkys (pacifiers) at night!
- Okay, now for mom’s turn - Great for mommy too - even before baby arrives!
Place toddler pillow behind mommy's lower back or neck for extra back support while rocking, feeding, driving, etc. I took one to the hospital with me for comfort during labor and delivery, and also used it in the hospital while nursing. I also use one with a satin pillowcase as my travel pillow.